Welcome to another Wednesday update and boy has the weather been great the last 5 days. Compared to the usual rain we had for a good few weeks, the weather has been epic!
Stuff has happened, the big thing being that I have now ordered brand new (yes actually new) batteries for it. I have gone with some 100AH deep cycle Hankook DC31. I will be running around 65 volts which does make the Gwiz shift a bit! They should arrive ready for the weekend 🙂
Inmoov Robotic Head update
Well, this has started to look pretty cool now that I have tidied up the internals. I have mounted the amplifier, sound level PCB, and other things. I need to reprint the top part of the skull
I think I have got this to a great place. I do want to add a camera to it but to mount that onto the Pi will be a massive challenge. I also need to fix the Burf.co chat API as it’s dying badly. I would also like the Python script to autostart when the head is turned for all of the speech, TTS and API services.
Burf.co : Goodbye server!
So do not run random Linux scripts on a live server from the internet lol. I completely removed SUDO permissions from my box, 1.2 terabytes of data lost! It was a bad day, I was multitasking badly and paid the price. I managed to rebuild the server rather quickly (2 hours) however the main index data will take ages to get back. I like to see this huge mess up as an opportunity to do something different so watch this space!
Let’s see how I am actually doing against the plan, I had a few lost sessions due to house improvements and covid, but how am I doing against the list
List from February
- Math : Learn Algebra and kinematic (Little progress made)
Finish Introducing Robotics(Done) Start and Finish Robotic Vision: Principles of Vision(Scrapped as very old)
- Finish Artificial Intelligence for Robotics : This is the self driving course I really want to do but needs maths. (Not started yet)
- Give a good shot to Machine Learning by Andrew NG : A very famous ML course (Not started yet)
Get Robotic head talking and listenering(Done, will go further)
- Do something useful with Gwiz (Progressing)
- Finish Electronics course (Not started yet)
- Start and finish Self driving course using deep learning (Not started yet)
- Build/use already built little robot to do maze solving work (Little progress made)
Finish Robotic Diploma (Missed off list but was important)(Done)
- Finish Inmoov Robot (Missed off list but is very important) (Progressing)
I find it very odd how I missed the Robotics Diploma and finishing the Inmoov Robot (full size) off the main list as these are actually more important than most of the other things.
So 3 things done, 1 scrapped (it was mentioned in a previous post why), 2 processing well, and 5 academic courses to start. Seeing as it’s 3 months in, I think that is actually good progress.