Hello and welcome to the first official Thursday update. Yes, there have been many updates that have come out on Thursday but they were always called Wednesday Updates. Go Figure.
Summer was rammed with kids’ stuff, work, family, and all things not very robotic or techie. The nights are now getting darker and so the geeky epic stuff will return.
So today I was going to shut down Burf.co because I have done very little with it and I am still annoyed with the terrible hosting company (HostPapa) who seem to be proper ropy. However, when I went to see the site stats, which I assumed were maybe 1-2k a month (who would use a search engine other than Google) I was pleasantly surprised.
Seeing as I have done very little with the site that’s quite bonkers. So instead of turning it off (due to the price of energy), I have decided I should do something useful with it.
Completed and I have bought the next module which is more around Robotics and Arduino’s
Review of this year’s goals
So I set out a lot of goals this year based on me working part-time, which sadly ended and I was already a bit behind. However, I have to say I am still proud that I have achieved quite a bit and I am confident I will achieve more! Maybe not everything but a lot more than last year
- Math: Learn Algebra and kinematic (Stalled)
Finish Introducing Robotics(Done) Start and Finish Robotic Vision: Principles of Vision(Scrapped as very old)
- Finish Artificial Intelligence for Robotics : This is the self-driving course I really want to do but needs maths. (Not started yet)
- Give a good shot to Machine Learning by Andrew NG : A very famous ML course (Not started yet)
Get Robotic head talking and listening(Done, will go further) Do something useful with Gwiz(Done and sold) Finish Electronics course(Done)
- Start and finish Self driving course using deep learning (Not started yet)
- Build/use already built little robot to do maze-solving work (Little progress made)
- Finish Robotic Diploma (Missed off list but was important) (Done)
- Finish Inmoov Robot (Missed off list but is very important) (Progressing, the body is built need to do electronics)
Weirdly Burf.co which has been rewritten this year, and has extra stuff isn’t on this list.
The new focused list of things to do by the end of the year
So as there 3 months to go, let’s focus on a few easy tasks, medium tasks, and maybe 1 hard task
- Finish Artificial Intelligence for Robotics : This is the self-driving course I really want to do but needs maths. (HARD task and requires me to know Maths better, stretched goal)
- Do something with Mobility Scooter or Electric Wheelchair (EASY task)
- Make progress with Inmoov Robots Electronics (MEDIUM task)
- Do some sort of ML with Burf.co (MEDIUM task)
- Complete Introduction to Application of Robotic Tools (2-week course, EASY task I hope)
- Start and make good progress Self-driving course using deep learning (EASY task)
- Get ROS robots back and running, remind myself of syntax, etc (EASY task)
Hopefully, I can do most of these, having a list definitely helps me focus.
Wish me luck 🙂